Well hello there. For a moment I forgot that my blog actually exists — okay, I'm lying for being lazy. I'd like to say I'm having one of those writer's block moments but hey, that'd be a lie too. Truth is, other than feeling lazy, I've been down with possible strep throat and cramps, a gift from Aunt Flow herself. Therefore, I decided to sit down and blog in a coffee table kind of laid-back manner just talking about life and other random little things found across the internet.
001. I've been busy re-designing my personal branding, from completely revamping my logo, color scheme and typography to renewing my portfolio book, all from scratch. My old branding, which was done for the sake of Portfolio class back in college, did not portray me enough and I end up hating it. As much as I love black and white for minimalism, they are not my color and they don't portray my characteristic enough. I want to believe that as I continue to grow and explore different kinds of visual style, my taste and skills in design have evolved too. My new one will carry a muted down color scheme consisting blue, white and khaki.
002. Went out with boyfriend and our friends (we basically have the same friends and mingle in the same group, haha) to an all you can eat sushi place. It wasn't ohmygod amazing but it wasn't bad either. We ordered 1000 pieces of salmon sashimi and a bunch of others like aburi salmon and whatnot. All that salmon sashimi and I'm still not satisfied. Geez, my inner cat needs more fish!
003. I've been drinking mint water almost every day and I love, love it! It's best served cold and chilled and I personally love it just the same when it's just mint and no lemon or any other fruit.
004. This week's favorite (custom menu) from Starbucks that I've been enjoying: English Breakfast tea + skim milk + vanilla syrup or substitute English Breakfast tea with Earl Grey and call your custom drink London Fog Tea Latte.
005. Guys, I've been rererere-watching all 7 Harry Potter films back to back again for the nth time in my life. My favorite is still The Order Of Phoenix (that or The Goblet Of Fire) and my least favorite is definitely The Half Blood Prince. I still love the Weasleys and I still hate how they butcher Ginny Weasley's character because she is my all-time favorite female from the series (I do love Hermione too but Ginny, she's special alright.)
001. This isn't new by any means but if you are a Potterhead and you have not discovered your Patronus then what the heck are you doing with your life? Just kidding. But seriously, try discover it here. Mine is the wolf. Also, do tell me which Hogwarts and Ilvermony House you are sorted into. I'm a proud Slytherin (a SlytherClaw / RaveRin, to be exact) and a Horned Serpent in Ilvermony. My wand is a Black Walnut Wood with a Phoenix feather core 12-3/4 and hard flexibility.
002. BookTuber Ariel Bissett tells you it's alright to give up on a book midway if you lose interest in it. Like her, I used to force myself to finish a book even though I wanted to stop and at the end of the day, it left me feeling drained and exhausted instead. Now, I forgive myself whenever I lose interest in a book halfway and decide to close it, put it down and find something else. Quoting Ariel from the same video, "reading takes a lot of time" and you want to experience joy, not dread.
003. I have been listening to Youth by Foxes, a song from her first debut album, "Glorious." If you're a fan of Fall Out Boy (like I do), Foxes is featured in Just One Yesterday, a song from their "Save Rock & Roll" album. Foxes is also the singer featured in Zedd's Clarity.
004. If you are someone who has trouble starting a blog post (or any writing piece, really) because you have no idea how to open a paragraph, Michelle Chai of Daisy Butter has a few short tips on how to boost your writing. One of my favorite tips from the post is to "write in conversation" which I think is such an easy-going, chillax suggestion. I find that a blog post with such writing tone feels less intimidating and more welcoming to new readers.
I don't blog about video games or my gaming progress anymore but I don't want to completely eliminate the idea of it so I thought I should just put it here. Contrary to what some people think, I don't play every single day but when I do, I can play for hours. That's dedication right there.
001. I bought Ori & The Blind Forest Definite Edition during Steam Winter Sale last year. It's definitely one of the best underrated, indie games out there. The story is lovely yet a little sad, the visual is stunning and the music gives you goosebumps, in a good way. In fact, I love it more than Child Of Light. If you are curious about it, I also wrote a post about the game here.
002. I'm also replaying Dragon Age Inquisition and this time, I'm playing as a female Dalish elf mage who choose to side with mages instead of templars. For my first playthrough, I was a female human rogue who romanced Commander Cullen. This time, I'm going for Ambassador Josephine.
003. I still need to finish playing Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Heck, I haven't even played it halfway through!
004. If you are a fan of Mass Effect, go and download Origin because Mass Effect 2 (Standard Edition) is currently free for download. I'm not sure when the offer ends but if you haven't owned it, be sure to fetch it. Also, Mass Effect Andromeda has a release date and a new gameplay reveal!
That's it for the first entry to Check Ins. Let's hope this won't be the last because I feel like nobody actually wants to read about my boring life update. Prove me wrong if you want to know more, haha
image via unsplash
What have you been doing or up to lately?
(if you are a fellow gamer as well, tell me bout it!)